Our top priority is the health, wellbeing and safety of all of our school family and that of any visitors to our school.
We hope this virtual event will still be an exciting opportunity to take a look behind the scenes of our school.
It’s nice to virtually meet you!
We are delighted to welcome you to our school and to our virtual open evening.
This webpage will give you a great insight into our schools’ ethos, sense of community and how we ensure every single student is treated as an individual in our caring environment. Please take the opportunity to look through some of our videos to discover more about ‘life at Northwood’. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to get in contact.
Our School Prospectus for 2023/24
Please take a look at our school prospectus for this academic year. A digital version can be found here.
Take a look at our school facilities
What we believe in
Achievement Through Support
- Our Mission is to be a happy, successful school where every individual is enabled to fulfil their potential.
- To provide a deep and enriching educational experience which inspires curiosity and a lifelong love of learning
- To create a mutually supportive community in which individuals know, value and respect themselves and each other
- To enable students to find their place in the world and understand their responsibility to make a positive contribution to society
- To develop meaningful partnerships with the wider community
- Northwood School is a caring community with an ethos of ambition and achievement for all its students
- We embrace and celebrate the diversity and individuality within our community
- All students should grow in self-worth and feel empowered to shape their own futures
- If staff, students, governors and parents work in partnership and have high expectations of ourselves and each other we can achieve our aims
Hear from our staff & students
Extra-Curricular Opportunities at Northwood School
We place a high value on the education that our students receive as a result of our robust extracurricular program. We are aware that when learning occurs outside of the classroom, students gain a great deal and enjoyment. At Northwood, a wide variety of activities are available, and we work to make sure that each student can find something they enjoy.
There are a number of school visits, and each has a distinct objective. Some of these are connected to subjects or exam courses, while others are social in nature. Many of these are day trips, but some are overnight stays that give learning an additional dimension by fostering personal and social growth. One of the very popular international trips we organize is a yearly ski trip.
Each year, we hold a number of productions, concerts, and smaller events, all of which involve a large number of students in various roles. Teamwork between our students is a fundamental aspect. Many students enjoy additional music teaching from our team of peripatetic music teachers.
In addition to Physical Education classes and the numerous clubs listed below, there are school teams for athletics, badminton, cricket, cross-country, netball, rounders, rugby, soccer, and tennis. Both individually and in teams, our students excel to a great extent. We frequently advance to the Borough Finals and have won the Borough in a number of sports.
SEND at Northwood
For each student, the best possible environment for learning and ensuring that they make progress. We aim to provide a safe, secure, happy, caring environment where all students are encouraged to participate fully. Our SEND team, led by Assistant Headteacher (inclusion lead), Ms. Fry, works hard to keep that integral notion true in our school. Below is our SEND policy.
Hear from our Headteacher, Mr Shah
The aim of the Northwood curriculum is to ensure that all students :
- Have strong subject specific knowledge and understanding;
- Are able to apply their knowledge to a range of scenarios both within and beyond the school environment;
- Are able to communicate their understanding of what they have learnt effectively;
- Are enabled to successfully study subjects of their choice at A level and beyond; and
- Have a range of experiences outside the classroom that help deepen specific subject knowledge and cultural capital.
Further curriculum information can be found here.
Instagram – @nwschoolinsta (scan below)
Twitter – @northwoodsch (feed below)
We are excited to announce Northwood's first Careers Spotlight event - Wednesday 22nd November 2023!Find Out More
Massive congratulations to the Year 10 netball team kicking off the season with a 6-5 win against Bishopshalt! Well done!Find Out More
PE students of the week!! Congratulations! Keep working hard in lessons and come to extra-curricular for a chance to win! See @nwschoolinsta for full post!Find Out More
Please use the relevant details below to contact our office.