Personal Development Intent
At Northwood, we endeavor to provide our students with opportunities to prepare for the reality of adult life.
The intent of our Personal Development curriculum is to:
- Develop students’ ability to become confident, resilient young people who understand the importance of living a healthy lifestyle and maintaining healthy relationships.
- Develop students’ ability to become confident, active citizens in society by allowing students to engage in discussions about social issues and topics.
- Promote equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusivity by encouraging cooperation and collaboration during school activities
- Promote the importance of independence whilst emphasising the importance of collective responsibility and community
- Enable students to recognise and respond appropriately to online and offline risks to their emotional and physical wellbeing
- Enable students to identify the dangers and negative ramifications of inappropriate use of smart devices and social media
- Support students in taking pride in their future choices and next steps
- Provide students with a space in which to become enthusiastic about careers and future opportunities
At Northwood School, we believe in and promote achievement through support. In order for students to achieve their goals and aspirations in life, they need to understand the importance of being active citizens in society.
We succeed in preparing our students to become active citizens by promoting the following values:
- the rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect for and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs
Regardless of an individual’s ethnicity, culture or religious belief, these British values are expected of all people who reside in Britain.
Our vision and ethos mirror these values. These values are not simply taught or referred to in lessons; these values underpin our approach to supporting the personal development of each student. We encourage positive and supportive interactions between all members of our community so that these values spring to life. The essence of British values can be in the following areas:
- Student leadership
- PSHCE and RSE curriculum
- Diversity programme
- Our pastoral support
We are excited to announce Northwood's first Careers Spotlight event - Wednesday 22nd November 2023!Find Out More
Massive congratulations to the Year 10 netball team kicking off the season with a 6-5 win against Bishopshalt! Well done!Find Out More
PE students of the week!! Congratulations! Keep working hard in lessons and come to extra-curricular for a chance to win! See @nwschoolinsta for full post!Find Out More
Please use the relevant details below to contact our office.