Sixth Form students are role models for younger students and are expected to set an example to the rest of the school through their smart business-like dress. The intention of the Sixth Form dress code is to dress as if they were working in a smart office environment.
Sixth Form Clothing
- Shirt, blouse or smart top – If wearing a collared shirt, ties must be worn. Tops that expose the abdomen or reveal cleavage are unacceptable, as are strapless, strappy tops, polo tops, backless or baggy tops with logos.
- Tailored trousers, chinos, knee-length skirt or dress. (grey, black, beige) – No jeans, combats, leggings, tracksuit bottoms or shorts. Skirts / dresses must not be too figure hugging or not have slits of more than two inches
- Smart leather shoes (black, brown). (High Heels should not have a stiletto heel). Trainers, canvas pumps, heavy boots and flip-flops are not allowed.
- Suit or smart jacket (optional).
- Jumper or cardigan (optional).
- Hair-dye (no unnatural colours)
- Excessive make-up
- Coats and casual jackets may not be worn inside the building
Most jewellery is considered acceptable, for sixth-formers, with the exception of tongue or facial piercings. However, students may be required to remove items if an excessive amount of jewellery is worn. Nails may be painted but impractical long false nails are not acceptable.
We are excited to announce Northwood's first Careers Spotlight event - Wednesday 22nd November 2023!Find Out More
Massive congratulations to the Year 10 netball team kicking off the season with a 6-5 win against Bishopshalt! Well done!Find Out More
PE students of the week!! Congratulations! Keep working hard in lessons and come to extra-curricular for a chance to win! See @nwschoolinsta for full post!Find Out More
Please use the relevant details below to contact our office.