School Uniform & Equipment
The wearing of the school uniform with pride is something we at Northwood School constantly stress to students because we believe that good discipline and harmonious relationships are best achieved when everyone conforms to the same standards. In our view for a school uniform to be successful it must be distinctive and smart and NOT be open to interpretation or modification. Students are expected to wear the uniform to, from, in and around school as listed below.
FULL UNIFORM POLICY
ALL STUDENTS IN YEAR 7 - 11 NEED
- Plain long or short sleeved white shirt with collar. Shirt must be tucked in at all times with top button done up
- Plain black loose-legged trousers. No lycra, straight leg or skinny trousers are allowed
- Black Trutex or Banner front pleat skirt (must be knee length)
- Plain black ankle socks or black tights. No leggings or knee high socks allowed
- Navy blazer with school badge (worn at all times). Sleeves should be rolled down at all times
- School tie (length to navel and pulled up to the neck)
- Plain thin navy V-neck pullover (optional)
- Plain black polishable leather shoes (laces of the same colour if required). No trainer style shoes are allowed. No boots. No patent leather. Students not wearing correct shoes may have to work in isolation for the day
- Blue or black winter coat (No extremes in fashion and expense). Outside jackets and scarves should be removed when inside the main school building.
- Backpack/ satchel capable of fitting all books, including ones of A4 size, without bending
Any student with a uniform infringement of a top button undone or a shirt untucked will be given a 40-minute HOY sanction. Any student who is in breach of the uniform policy may be placed in isolation for the day including break and lunchtime. For PE all students need:
- Northwood School navy/amber polo shirt
- Northwood School navy/amber multi-sports top or Northwood School navy/amber zip jumper
- Northwood School navy/amber shorts and/or plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Navy football socks
- Football boots* (moulded studs, no blades)
- Gum shield*
- No Vans/Converse/canvas shoes or plimsolls
* Optional items
Jewellery and Headwear
On health and safety grounds, we do not allow students to wear jewellery to school (except for 1 small pair of plain gold or silver studs and a watch. Wristbands/ bracelets are not permitted).
PE & SPORTS KIT INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
PE Department Policy
Unable to participate in PE:
If you are unable to participate in your PE lesson you must bring in a letter from your parents/carers, plus your full PE kit in order to take on a different role such as coaching or officiating. This also avoids getting your school uniform wet or muddy if the lesson is outside. Even if you are unable to participate practically in your PE lesson, you will still be part of the class and the learning.
If you do not have a piece of kit, please bring a note from home explaining this and bring an alternative to wear until you have sorted out your kit issue. Alternatively, you will be given a spare item of kit to borrow.
If you do not bring your full PE kit to your lessons you will receive a 40 minute Head of Department sanction.
The PE department offers a vast variety of enrichment clubs both at lunchtime and after school. Enrichment clubs start at 2:45pm and run until 4:00pm. Please check our enrichment programme for more details. Please note that this programme is updated on a termly basis.
All students should have the following kit for their PE lessons:
Northwood School navy/amber polo shirt
Northwood School navy/amber shorts
Northwood School navy/amber multi-sport top or Northwood School navy/amber zip jumper
Plain black jogging bottoms or leggings
Plain navy football socks
Trainers (No Vans/Converse/canvas shoes or plimsolls)
Football boots (moulded studs, no blades)
Shin Pads *
Gum shield *
Items above marked with * are recommended for football, hockey and rugby lessons.
Full Northwood PE kit should be worn for all after school sports clubs and matches. All PE kits should be free from any logo or brand name, apart from the school logo.
Students with hair long enough to be tied back must have their hair tied back for PE lessons. Additionally, all jewellery including watches and fitness devices must be removed.
We are fortunate enough to have a large amount of space and sports facilities at Northwood School including:
1 Sports Hall (with 4 Badminton courts)
Full size Astroturf Football Pitch
3 mini Astroturf Football Pitches
1 grass Football pitch
1 Rugby Pitch
3 Tennis Courts
3 Netball Courts (1 indoor)
6 Outdoor Table Tennis Tables
Athletics track (Summer term)
3 Rounders pitches (Summer term)
Indoor Cricket Nets
Follow us on twitter for updated PE information, fixtures, team selection, results and revision.
50 High Street, Northwood, HA6 1BL.
Tel: 01923 840 050
In store appointment only.
Online ordering / Click and collect
Late night Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
Purchase from the shop
Online ordering / Click and collect
Adams School Clothing
55 Victoria Road, Ruislip Manor, HA4 9BH
Tel: 01895 674155
Purchase from the shop only
Students are expected to bring the following equipment labelled and in a pencil case:
2 black/blue pens
1 green pen
calculator (Casio FX-83GTX or FX-991EX)
Plus, in a suitable bag:
Additions to the equipment list for 2020-21 are:
mini whiteboard and pen (which can be purchased from parent pay)
2b pencil for art
- highlighter pens
- coloured pencils for art/geography