Careers Education & Guidance
Northwood School is committed to preparing our students for life after school by helping them make well informed and realistic choices about their future. Our Careers Education Information and Guidance (CEIAG) programme enables pupils, parents, teachers and employers to access and understand what the school has to offer in terms of its careers provision. It is modelled around best practice for careers under the Gatsby Benchmarks.
On this website you will find information on Post-16 Options, work experience, apprenticeships, technical and vocational qualifications, universities and colleges and career pathways.
- To ensure each student has some meaningful encounters with employers
- Encourage students to start their career exploration early
- Offer students with opportunities for real life learning by making it part of the school curriculum
- Provide access to an independent and impartial careers advisor
- Make CEIAG resources available online and offline to all students, parents and care -givers
- Develop a network of employers who can work with the school to support students develop their employability skills
|Mr N McManus||Deputy Head and Careers Leaderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ms L Wilkins||PSHCE Coordinatoremail@example.com|
|Mrs M Hayford-Fynn||Independent Careers Advisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs C Bamrah*||Careers Coordinatoremail@example.com|
* Employers wishing to contact the school can do so on the above email address F.A.O. Mrs C Bamrah
Careers Programme at a glance
Careers Resources and Useful Websites
Information on different careers, apprenticeships and college/university is available for all students. The Sixth form also has a dedicated space where there is a wealth of information tailored for their age range.
Click on the links below to useful websites:
- Career sectors
- The National Careers Service is a free service which provides independent and impartial advice on career pathways and destinations to parents, carers and students
- UCAS website offering career ideas
- Parents Advisor - This site is aimed at parents and guardians to help them students make decisions about post 18 options.
- Careers Video and Labour market information
- Government portal for Apprenticeship with videos
- Job profiles and information on career sector
- Labour Market Information
We value the input of staff, students, governors, parents and employers in helping us build a better future for our students. You could help us with:
- Offering work experience
- Industry visits
- Mock Interviews
- Assembly Talks in school
- Careers Fair
- Work Shadowing
If you are interested in any of these activities or you have suggestions to support our students, please contact our school careers coordinator above.